[16.1.38] Formatter error

I just noticed that in the current beta, the indentation on a SELECT statement is formatted incorrectly under some circumstances. (see example)

-- select statement is formatted incorrectly 

BEGIN
   FOR l_row
      IN (SELECT 'loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong' AS source_expr
           FROM DUAL
          WHERE 1 = 1)
   LOOP
      NULL;
   END LOOP;
END;

-- select statement is formatted correctly when not inside a pl/sql block.

SELECT 'loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong' AS source_expr
  FROM DUAL
 WHERE 1 = 1

In version 16.0.90 the formatting is done correctly with the same formatter settings.

The distortion shows up whenever formatter tries to align the alias on a next line due to max. width exceeded.
There must be something gone wrong in one of the latest builds, I queued it as QP-3970.

Thanks for reporting!
Andre

Should this be fixed with version 16.2.43?
If so, then unfortunately it did not work :wink:

Did I say it was fixed? :slight_smile: No worries, now it's fixed. :smile:
It will be in component QP5.dll version 5.391, showing up in one or two weeks from now.

Andre

It looks like the DLL did not make it into the current (16.2.64) beta. Could this be?

Our build process always includes the latest QP5.DLL, but Andre's release cycle doesn't exactly match our once/week beta cycle.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info. I had hoped, since he had written of one to two weeks, that the new version of the DLL was ready in time :wink:

Dirk

Sorry Dirk, version 5.391 is not yet available, partially due to the holidays. Should sure be in Toad before end of the month.

Thanks,
Andre