2-char delimiter?

Can you use TOAD to export to a CSV file using a 2-character delimiter between values such as |^ ?

I currently use AQT which they are taking away and TOAD is one of the potential options they list as a possible replacement... I need the 2-char delimiter for it to work. (It took months to find a workable export method from my company to another company that is using a different DB and the migration weekend is coming up soon. The people making the decision to pull AQT don't seem to care about that)

1. Open TOAD and connect to the database that you want to export data from.
  2. Right-click on the table or view that you want to export and select "Export Data".
  3. In the Export Data dialog box, select "Delimited Text" as the file format.
  4. In the "Delimiter" field, enter the two characters that you want to use as the delimiter.
  5. In the "File Name" field, enter the name of the file that you want to export the data to.
  6. Click "Export".

TOAD will export the data from the table or view to the CSV file using the two-character delimiter that you specified.

1 Like

Hi, I hope this helped, if not lemme know!

Yes, it helps. I don't have TOAD yet, but with your reply I am going to try order it so I can use it instead of AQT (which they are taking away) THANKS!!

Well, Toad does NOT allow for a 2-char delimiter. At least not the version I was given by our software center. The box to enter the delimiter is big enough to handle several values, but it does not allow more than 1 to be put in. Uggggg!