Can you use TOAD to export to a CSV file using a 2-character delimiter between values such as |^ ?
I currently use AQT which they are taking away and TOAD is one of the potential options they list as a possible replacement... I need the 2-char delimiter for it to work. (It took months to find a workable export method from my company to another company that is using a different DB and the migration weekend is coming up soon. The people making the decision to pull AQT don't seem to care about that)
- Open TOAD and connect to the database that you want to export data from.
- Right-click on the table or view that you want to export and select "Export Data".
- In the Export Data dialog box, select "Delimited Text" as the file format.
- In the "Delimiter" field, enter the two characters that you want to use as the delimiter.
- In the "File Name" field, enter the name of the file that you want to export the data to.
- Click "Export".
TOAD will export the data from the table or view to the CSV file using the two-character delimiter that you specified.
Hi, I hope this helped, if not lemme know!
Yes, it helps. I don't have TOAD yet, but with your reply I am going to try order it so I can use it instead of AQT (which they are taking away) THANKS!!
Well, Toad does NOT allow for a 2-char delimiter. At least not the version I was given by our software center. The box to enter the delimiter is big enough to handle several values, but it does not allow more than 1 to be put in. Uggggg!