Active Directory Users

Just started my TIC installations, and want to use AD for user authentication.

Using the TIC admin console, I try to add users in my domain, but only 3 of the 100+ users are retrieved and are selectable. There are no AD issues with this server.

Any ideas on how to see the whole list of users that are on the domain

What version of TIC are you using?

TIC version 3.0.1.118

TIC Admin Console Version 3.0.1.2

I have the same issue. None of Windows Active Directory users are not show up

We have some restrictions when load AD users:

1. Only the AD user whose email address is not empty will be retrieved.
  2. Only User type AD objects will be retrieved. So, for example, if the AD object is Contact type, it will NOT be retrieved.
  3. If AD object’s attribute ‘targetAddress’ exists and NOT empty, then it will NOT be retrieved. TargetAddress is special attribute only for Exchange server which means the SMTP email address. In another word, if AD is an Exchange server, it’s most likely that no user will be retrieved as TargetAddress is always not empty for the object in Exchange server.
  4. The AD user name should only contains alphanumeric character, ‘_’, ‘-’ and ‘.’, other characters are not allowed. For example, if the AD user name contains blank, then that user will be removed from the user list.

Is the missing AD users are blocked by one of above restrictions?

Hi Blair,

You means none of AD users are show up in TIC Web Console, right?

Does your TIC server join the target domain? If not, does the domain your TIC server joined is a trust domain to the target domain?

Can you provide more information for us to indentify the problem? Such as some screen shot or our support bundle.

About how to get our support bundle:

1. Login TIC Web Console.

2. Turn on debug mode: Sever --> Loggin tab --> Run in Debug mode check box.

3. Perform your operation, such as add domain credential, sync domain, and the add AD user…

4. Get the support bundle: click the ‘i’ sign on the top right corner --> Contact tab --> click ‘Generate a support bundle’ link.

The three users that did appear in the list had the email address field completed.

I updated the email address field for several other users in AD, yet I still don’t have these user accounts appear in the TIC Admin Console add users display.

1. Do I need to force a refresh of the AD info that TIC sees?
  2. Can I remove a domain, and the add it back to force an update?
  3. Is the information above available online or as a pdf? I would like to be able to download the documentation as a PDF, as we don’t have net access in all our environments?

Update: If I try to add a user from the Web Console, it does see all users that I have added the email address to, yet the TIC Admin Console on the TIC server does not/

1. Do I need to force a refresh of the AD info that TIC sees? Yes, need to manual sync with AD server to reflect the change on it.
  1. Can I remove a domain, and the add it back to force an update? Yes.
  1. Is the information above available online or as a pdf? I would like to be able to download the documentation as a PDF, as we don't have net access in all our environments? I don't think so. I'm afraid you need to do it by manual.

It's recommend to add user through Web Console. For the Admin Console, can you try to close and reopen it after sync with AD server?

After forcing the AD resync, closing the Admin Console and reopening, the users that are setup correctly in AD appear in the Admin Console