Adding a table to the Query Builder diagram adds relations between existing tables

Hi,

Quite often when I create a complicated query using the Query Builder placing a table on the diagram adds relations that don’t exist in the schema. This alone is quite bothersome, but is simple to notice and correct.

What really gets me upset is that sometimes adding a new table causes relationships to be created ( in the query) between already existing tables.

Did anybody else come across this?

I can reproduce this bug, if necessary.

Sincerely,

Shimon J.

P.S. I am using Toad for IBM DB2 version 6.0.0.373 Z/OS base.

We have not seen this behavior. Can you please extract the DDL with all dependencies for all tables that you are using in and adding to your Query Builder, and then post that DDL?

Also curious as to what DB2 (platform/release) you are using…

Hi Jeff,

I’m using Toad for DB2 z/OS version 6.2 and beta 6.3. I’ve been having this problem with a specific table for a while. I’m not sure that the security guys will let me send the DDL’s out.

Another interesting behavior that I have found is that when adding a table the the query builder, it often adds two relations to an existing table in the window. I usually want to keep one of the relations. When I click on one of the lines to remove the relation, 9 out of 10 times it removes the relation that I wanted to keep. It doesn’t matter on which line I click.

If you would like, I probably could set up a Webex to demonstrate these behaviours.

Sincerely,

Shimon J.

Hi Jeff,

I uploaded the relevant DDLs. I don’t think that the third one is important, as it happens with almost any table that I add. Playing around with it in order to send you a simple screenshot, I found a workaround. If I delete the IS_ISUK_BEFOAL table from the querey builder and bring it back, the weird behavior stops.

I have dificulty removing a specific relation from the query builder. Is there an easy way for Toad to add a “Remove” button to the properties window of the relationships of a query builder? This way I can specify which relation should stay and which one should be deleted.

Sincerely,

Shimon J.
SendToToadV2.zip (110 KB)