Auto column resize

Sorry for asking again, but my post disappeared and I’m still thinking there’s a solution to this problem: my Data Grid columns are not automatically sizing in Full Screen Grid mode. I have the Data Grid window on bottom but reduced to nothing so it is hidden. When I want to see results, I’m doing Shift-F2 to toggle Full Screen Grid mode. But my columns are never sized automatically. I have to do it manually each time. The workaround I’m using involves using AutoHotKeys to do a mouse macro to do the manual sizing, but that’s not very elegant and is annoying to see the context menu flash every time.

1. Is there a way to get the columns to resize automatically? And if not,

2. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will resize them rather than having to use the right-click mouse context menu?

open toad options, in bottom left corner is search box, type size and enter, look at what it finds and you will find exactly what you’re looking for …

Yes, that option is already set correctly. The “Size to data” radio button is already checked in the Column Sizing section of the Data Grids. It appears to work on the regular grid when not Full Screen Grid mode, but not on the Full Screen Grid.

Ok - needed to make sure you had that set - now will need for John or other dev to ring in …

As a workaround you can check the "Allow columns wider than grid width" option.

On 03/13/2014 08:47 AM, pwatkins wrote:

Auto column resize

Thread created by pwatkins
Sorry for asking again, but my post disappeared and I'm still thinking there's a solution to this problem: my Data Grid columns are not automatically sizing in Full Screen Grid mode. I have the Data Grid window on bottom but reduced to nothing so it is hidden.
When I want to see results, I'm doing Shift-F2 to toggle Full Screen Grid mode. But my columns are never sized automatically. I have to do it manually each time. The workaround I'm using involves using AutoHotKeys to do a mouse macro to do the manual sizing,
but that's not very elegant and is annoying to see the context menu flash every time.

1. Is there a way to get the columns to resize automatically? And if not,
  1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will resize them rather than having to use the right-click mouse context menu?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks Michael, that worked great