Automation Designer - Export Dataset Headers Matching Case in Query

I'd like to be able to export dataset headers from the automation designer in the exact case as specified within the query.

Currently, the default is all caps which can be overridden to all lowercase however some vendor data feeds require headers to match their specs (Barnes and Nobles in this case) and support said this is not possible. Please consider adding this function. Thanks

You can make the column names whatever case you want by aliasing them in your query.

For example:

Select owner as "Owner", table_name as "TaBLe_NAMe"
from dba_tables;

Hi John,
Exactly what I did was use aliases however in grid view, manual export to csv and in automation designer - export dataset it changes the headers case to all caps regardless of alias mixed case. The only option available is all lowercase in the export dataset screen. Support case 4821414 said that is not possible.

This SQL:
SELECT ROWNUM "0",
'QCC' campus,
'' school,
SUBJECT institutionDepartment,
CLASS_TBL.STRM term,
SUBJECT department,
CATALOG_NBR course,
TRIM(CLASS_SECTION) || ' ' || SSR_COMPONENT section,
'Queensborough Community College' campusTitle,
'' schoolTitle,
'' institutionDepartmentTitle,
DESCRIPT courseTitle,
'' institutionCourseCode,
-- (((TRIM (SUBJECT) || '-') || TRIM (CATALOG_NBR)) || ' ')
-- || TRIM(CLASS_SECTION) || ' ' || SSR_COMPONENT
'' institutionClassCode,
SUBJECT institutionSubjectCodes,

exports all cap headers:

Put double-quotes around your aliases, then case will be preserved. This is really more Oracle behavior than Toad behavior.

SELECT ROWNUM "0",
'QCC' "campus",
'' "school",
SUBJECT "institutionDepartment",....

Thank you, John!!! Made my day :wink:

Not a huge Oracle person used to be more MS SQL server but had to get back in to expedite this project. Thanks again!

1 Like