Automation Designer - Failed Validation Status

Hi Everyone,

How can I send an automatic email when a process fails? I tried to see if there's an option for sending emails when the Run Status goes "Failed validation" but I didn't see anything.

Is there a way to send an email telling me when this fail validation happens?

Hope to find an answer from all of you!!!

No that's not possible, because "Failed Validation" usually means that an action isn't set up right/completely, so it's not likely to fail validation once it has passed, unless you manually change something to cause it to fail.

If you let me know more about your situation, I might be able to give you a more helpful answer.

Thank you John.

I created an action inside of an App folder that executes a batch file doing a rename. Then put an If condition inside of an action asking if there's a file in a folder. If exists then I put an action executing a batch file to rename the file that exist. If for some reason the batch file doesn't recognize the name inside of that folder then the Run Status will give me a message of Failed Validation. This will stop all the rest of the actions that I created. The thing is that if there's an error then I want to create an email notification that sends to me the warning of this kind of issue.

I can send an email when all the action process is completed or if there's no archive then send an email warning message. The only thing that I need is a email notification when an error occurs.

Hope this details can help you understand my situation.

Look on the "File Management" tab of automation designer. There is a "File Exists" action. Can you put a "File Exists" action in there somewhere so that you'll get a regular "failed" instead of "Failed validation"?