Automation Designer - Shell Execute

Hi all, I am attempting to run a batch job from Automation Designer, using the Shell Execute utilities tool. I thought that this would work, but all it does is open up the bat file in my UltraEdit. Any ideas? And does the Shell Execute not allow you to run programs from the CMD line?

Thanks in advance,

Scot H.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/b/weblog/archive/2013/05/14/quick-intro-to-toad-command-line.aspx

Bert Scalzo

Engr Tech Principal Engineer

Dell | Information Management

office
+1 469 888 5302

fax
+1 949 754 8999

cell+1 469 693 3300

Quest Software is now part of Dell

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:49 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Automation Designer - Shell Execute

Hi all, I am attempting to run a batch job from Automation Designer, using the Shell Execute utilities tool. I thought that this would work, but all it does is open up the bat file in my UltraEdit.
Any ideas? And does the Shell Execute not allow you to run programs from the CMD line?

Thanks in advance,

Scot H.

Try giving is a .cmd extension instead of .bat.

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:49 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Automation Designer - Shell Execute

Hi all, I am attempting to run a batch job from Automation Designer, using the Shell Execute utilities tool. I thought that this would work, but all it does is open up the bat file in my UltraEdit.
Any ideas? And does the Shell Execute not allow you to run programs from the CMD line?

Thanks in advance,

Scot H.

Dude, you the Man!

Thanks