Batch file for Automation Designer

I am using TOAD 12.6 for oracle. I created some Apps on Automation Designer. I also created a .ini parameter for each app. They work well inside TOAD.

I would like to create a .bat file to call my apps from windows task scheduler.

Does anybody know the syntax?

For app “test”, the following did not work.

test.bat:

“C:\Program Files\Toad for Oracle 12.6\Toad.exe” -a “test | C:\Temp\test.ini”

Thank you.

I’m guessing “test” is an app name and not an action name correct? If you’re calling a single action you need to do something like this: -a “app->action |
C:\paramfile,ini”

Other than that it looks like your syntax is fine. What happens if you try a connect command instead of an action command, like this: toad.exe -c user/pw@db

One other thing you could try is browsing directly to your Toad folder in program files and running like this: Toad.exe -a “test | C:\Temp\testini”

Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:05 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Batch file for Automation Designer

Batch file for Automation Designer

Thread created by MO2015

I am using TOAD 12.6 for oracle. I created some Apps on Automation Designer. I also created a .ini parameter for each app. They work well inside TOAD.

I would like to create a .bat file to call my apps from windows task scheduler.

Does anybody know the syntax?

For app “test”, the following did not work.

test.bat:

Thank you.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

After some testings I found out that the problem is not the syntax.

“C:\Program Files\Toad for Oracle 12.6\Toad.exe” -a “test | C:\Temp\test.ini” is OK.

The app test is running the “export dataset” option to export a dataset (query) to excel format. For some reason it doesn’t work if you run the app from a .bat file. If you run the app from the automation designer it works. If in the same app I remove “export dataset” and add something else (like “execute script”) and run the same .bat it works. So, it is something with export dataset on automation designer and running from .bat file. If anybody has any inputs about this issue please let me know. Thanks.

We didn’t have support for parameter files for the Export Dataset Action in 12.6.

Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:44 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Batch file for Automation Designer

RE: Batch file for Automation Designer

Reply by MO2015

After some testings I found out that the problem is not the syntax.

“C:\Program Files\Toad for Oracle 12.6\Toad.exe” -a “test | C:\Temp\test.ini” is OK.

The app test is running the “export dataset” option to export a dataset (query) to excel format. For some reason it doesn’t work if you run the app from a .bat file. If you run the app from
the automation designer it works. If in the same app I remove “export dataset” and add something else (like “execute script”) and run the same .bat it works. So, it is something with export dataset on automation designer and running from .bat file. If anybofy
has any inputs about this issue please let me know. Thanks.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Mark,

Does it mean that this will not work in 12.6? Does it work in another TOAD version? Thanks.

Yes, 12.7 will have parameter file support for that Action.

Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 3:34 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Batch file for Automation Designer

RE: Batch file for Automation Designer

Reply by MO2015

Hi Mark,

Does it mean that this will not work in 12.6? Does it work in another TOAD version? Thanks.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.