Automation-problem sending a report to Lotus Notes

SocketException occurred. InnerException message follows: The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for

Automation: 04/29/2008 1:34:13 PM: Failed.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?..Thanks

I am getting the following error when trying to send automatic emails

:

The problem was genertaed because of wrong settings in the email screen.

Good to know. Out of curiosity, have you had any other issues with Toad and Lotus Notes?

Daniel Norwood
Quest Software, Inc.
Product Manager, Database Development Tools

Yes; I have a problem.

I have sripts that when I run in my Toad for Oracle application do not have any error; However, if I run the same script in Toad data for analysis, I have the following message, “Missing a parameter query”; or I have aproblem poiting a problem with bind variables.

Can you send an example of the script (or the script itself) so I can see exactly what you’re talking about? Also, can you tell me what steps you’re taking to use it in Toad for Data Analysis?

It’s surprising to me that it’s not working, but I can’t see it either.

Thanks!

–Daniel

The problem I have between Automation Tool and Lotus Notes is that I cannot put a report with bind variables in schedule.

Is there a way around to fix the problem?

Thanks and Regards.

Please find attached one of my scripts that have bind variables:
Customer and Job Contact Info.sql (3.25 KB)

Ahh, I see now. The problem isn’t really with Lotus Notes, it’s with the bind variables themselves. In Toad for Data Analysis we support bind variables in the SQL Editor (please let me know if this doesn’t work) but not in Automation & Scheduling. The issue is that with a scheduled script, who’s going to be sitting there waiting to fill in the prompts when the script is run? It’s designed to be executed silently without user input.

By chance, are you trying to work with a date range with the bind variables? I just wrote a little document on how Toad for Data Analysis can make this easier… and it works in Automation. http://tda.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?categoryID=125&externalID=1873

Let me know if helps.

Daniel

The steps I took are as follow:
In the editor, I called my sql statement
Run the script
I added it into the Project Manager.
I clicked on Send to Report
I clicked Save
I put the name of the excel file and I clicked Save
In the download complete window, I clicked Close
I clicked automate option located at the botton of the screen
In the window, Select to Excel, there is my file in the excel file field, and the script is in the sql script field.
I clicked OK
and then a window with the following message is displayed " Toad has detected some symbols within the Sql indicating you might be using bind variables. Executing Sql scripts containing bind variables from the Automation Script designer is not currently supported."

MonicaChavez wrote:

Please find attached one of my scripts that have bind variables:

Perfect! The article I wrote will show you how to use the substitution syntax for the date ranges. For the :s_division bind variable, just hard code this and then schedule it. You can create a new schedule for each hard coded value. This way automation will run.

I also executed it in the SQL Editor and was presented with three promots for the three bind variables.

-Daniel

Monica, did that help?

Yes, it did; Thanks a lot for your help

I am having this same error, but the suggestions above are not working for me. I am using Lotus notes as well. any other suggestions?

Can you run the whole script with Verbose logging and then post the whole automation log file? When in Verbose mode the email section has a huge amount of logging. Maybe it can give us some ideas.

Debbie

Verbose logging - what is that?

I changes the logging to provide more details for debug purposes. Double click on the settings and scroll down to logging level. Change from Basic to Verbose. Then rerun script and post log. See screenshot.

Debbie

I am now getting this error: Socket connection has been refused by remote host. InnerException message follows: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 199.19.199.199:19

Socket connection has been refused by remote host. InnerException message follows: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

You need to check with your IT and get the correct data to configure your SMTP server. In the scren shot in the earlier posting the server is blank.

The fact that is says it was refused means you must be getting to a server somewhere but not one you are authorized to use.

Debbie

Hi I am new to Toad and this site - I too am trying to setup email notifications using Lotus Notes - I get the following error - I am tryting to connect our local Lotus Notes group for help, but want to see if anyone else has this problem?

Socket connection has been refused by remote host. InnerException message follows: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 172.21.197.116:389

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 172.21.197.116:389

Failed