Automation Script Error

I have 40+ scheduled tasks running 2 minutes apart (jobs run around 1 minute) and half way through I started getting the attached file error. BUT I am getting the output file and it appears to have the correct data. Do I have a setting wrong on my script that isn’t clearing a buffer? When reading the error log also it shows code for previous run querries. See snip-it below and attached file.

Object SQL Query finished with error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
– 4/1/2010 10:36:23 AM: Script_1_JAPAN_MACHINERY.log: Thread (7) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Thanks in advance, Christy Mesenburg

There was an error in writing to the log file in versions earlier to 2.6. What version are you using? If you do not have version 2.6 I would down load and upgrade to that version. In doing this you will need to change your scheduled task paths to use the new version (or uninstall and reinstall the new version in the same prior path. This will prevent you have having to change the scheduled task paths).

The other work around is to add a Delete file to the top of each scheduled task to delete the export log file named ‘exportbenchmark.txt’ in the App data dir. But since you have 40+ tasks I doubt that you want to do that.

Debbie