Beta Released (12.0.0.49)

Bug Fixes

Have downloaded and installed .49 at least 4 times now and my version is still .48 and keeps telling me a newer beta has been downloaded and ready to install. There is no Toad.exe on my PC with modified date of today. I’m using 64-bit version. Any idea what’s might be the problem?

I manually executed toadoracle_beta_12_x64.msp and I now have .49 installed. Not sure what went wrong when I let Toad initiate the install.

Hey Dale,

If you can, add the following to your Toad.ini file:

LogActivities=1

Then, the next time Toad tries to download the file, it will create a ToadActivities.log file. If you could e-mail me that file offline, that should help us
identify why Toad isn’t running the patch on your machine.

-John

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:58 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Beta Released (12.0.0.49)

I manually executed toadoracle_beta_12_x64.msp and I now have .49 installed. Not sure what went wrong when I let Toad initiate the install.

I’m having the exact same issue. Downloaded and installed twice and my version is still unchanged.

I went ahead and manually downloaded it as well, now I have .49 installed as well.

Same here… .48 to .48. But I noticed that the update prompt says it downloaded the update to C:\DOCUME~1\crjohnso\LOCALS~1\Temp\TOADORACLE_BETA_12_X86.MSP, which I can confirm, but the installer executes C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12 Beta>msiexec /p “C:\Documents and Settings\crjohnso\Local Settings\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\TOADORACLE_BETA_12_X86.MSP”… a different location. I suspect that if I execute the msp in the temp directory I’ll get .49.

Confirmed. I ran the msp in the temp directory and now have .49. the installer is downloading it to one place, but executing it from another.

Yeah, I’m seeing multiple copies of the MSP file on my computer as well…

Hit send too soon…

C:>dir toad*.msp /s

Volume in drive C has no label.

Volume Serial Number is 6849-C985

Directory of C:\Users\sacksm\AppData\Local\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle

05/08/2013 07:55 AM 50,171,904 TOADORACLE_BETA_12_X86.MSP

1 File(s)     50,171,904 bytes

Directory of C:\Users\sacksm\AppData\Local\Temp

05/09/2013 08:32 AM 51,630,080 TOADORACLE_BETA_12_X86.MSP

1 File(s)     51,630,080 bytes

Doh! I’m afraid that’s my fault. I made a change to the download destination to hopefully help some of our users who were having problems downloading the
patch file to their local machine from within Toad. I wanted to test to see if the problem had to do with permissions within their local user files folder, so I changed the destination to the defined TEMP folder. It was supposed to be transparent. Looks
like the code for creating the batch file wasn’t using the same destination! Sorry about that, guys! I’ll get that fixed for this next beta!

In the meanwhile, the latest patch will download to the registered TEMP folder. The download window will tell you the destination it downloaded to:

The next beta will correct the issue going forward. Again, sorry about that!

-John

From: msacks_703 [mailto:bounce-msacks_703@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:56 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Beta Released (12.0.0.49)

Yeah, I’m seeing multiple copies of the MSP file on my computer as well…