Beta Update from Website

I had a TOAD crash the other day, and while I was out of the program I decided I should update the beta. So I downloaded the update from toadworld. Today I had to kill TOAD (something was strange - I had used the Action Console to do a record count, and when it ran for several minutes, decided to cancel. After waiting over an hour, I finally had to just kill the program to be able to get out of it.)

Now that I’m trying to get back into the beta, along with my saved tabs, I get a message when I try to open TOAD that the beta has expired. I then tried to download the full beta, instead of the update, and when I try to run that, I get the Windows dialog that asks if I want to Modify, Repair or remove the program, which makes me think the version of the program is the same in both files.

Just to ensure I’m not having a caching issue, I had a co-worker who doesn’t use TOAD download the beta for me and am still having the same problem.

I would be so grateful if you are able to get a new version up there that I can download or if you can tell me what I’m doing wrong in trying to get the file. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hi Phyllis,

Have you gone to add/remove programs and uninstalled the beta completely? If not, I would do that first, then download the latest base and patch beta files from TW and try again

From: phyllis.helton_1150 [mailto:bounce-phyllishelton_1150@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 3:35 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Beta Update from Website

Beta Update from Website

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150

I had a TOAD crash the other day, and while I was out of the program I decided I should update the beta. So I downloaded the update from toadworld. Today I had to kill TOAD (something was strange - I had used the Action Console to do a record count, and when it ran for several minutes, decided to cancel. After waiting over an hour, I finally had to just kill the program to be able to get out of it.)

Now that I’m trying to get back into the beta, along with my saved tabs, I get a message when I try to open TOAD that the beta has expired. I then tried to download the full beta, instead of the update, and when I try to run that, I get the Windows dialog that asks if I want to Modify, Repair or remove the program, which makes me think the version of the program is the same in both files.

Just to ensure I’m not having a caching issue, I had a co-worker who doesn’t use TOAD download the beta for me and am still having the same problem.

I would be so grateful if you are able to get a new version up there that I can download or if you can tell me what I’m doing wrong in trying to get the file. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hmm. I just tried that and had the same problem.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Brad Boddicker bounce-ButtonPusher@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Beta Update from Website

Thread created by Brad Boddicker

Hi Phyllis,

Have you gone to add/remove programs and uninstalled the beta completely? If not, I would do that first, then download the latest base and patch beta files from TW and try again

From: phyllis.helton_1150 [mailto:bounce-phyllishelton_1150@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 3:35 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Beta Update from Website

Beta Update from Website

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150

Now that I'm trying to get back into the beta, along with my saved tabs, I get a message when I try to open TOAD that the beta has expired. I then tried to download the full beta, instead of the update, and when I try to run that, I get the Windows dialog that asks if I want to Modify, Repair or remove the program, which makes me think the version of the program is the same in both files.

Just to ensure I'm not having a caching issue, I had a co-worker who doesn't use TOAD download the beta for me and am still having the same problem.

I would be so grateful if you are able to get a new version up there that I can download or if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong in trying to get the file. :slight_smile:

Blessings,

Phyllis

--

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org