Latest Beta Update doesn't work for me.

I came in to work this morning, started up Toad and got the alert that there was a newer beta available so I downloaded and installed it but now it won’t start up. I have rebooted my PC and even uninstalled and reinstalled the beta but it’s still the same - when I double-click the icon, I get the little blue circle for a few seconds as it thinks about it, I sometimes get the briefest flicker of the splash screen and then that’s it, nothing else. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

I made some changes to the startup logic that may be problematic. I'll take a look and add additional debug output for today's beta so we can see how far along we get before Toad stops.

On Apr 3, 2017, at 4:31 AM, Mark G bounce-markagardner@toadworld.com wrote:

Latest Beta Update doesn't work for me.

Thread created by Mark G
I came in to work this morning, started up Toad and got the alert that there was a newer beta available so I downloaded and installed it but now it won't start up. I have rebooted my PC and even uninstalled and reinstalled the beta but it's still the same - when I double-click the icon, I get the little blue circle for a few seconds as it thinks about it, I sometimes get the briefest flicker of the splash screen and then that's it, nothing else. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ok thanks Michael. Can you let me know when the beta update is available as obviously I can’t use Toad to check for updates at the moment - I’m back on 12.10.0.30 until it’s working!

Mark, try today’s beta. If it’s still not starting for you then add DEBUG=1 to the [SETTINGS] section of your Toad.ini and try again. Send the User Files\ToadDebug.txt file that is generated.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The new beta still didn’t work so I added the debug as requested. The debug file stops at the line “Moving TOAD_GUI2.INI to GUISettings” so I went into the GUISsettings folder and renamed the existing TOAD_GUI2.INI to TOAD_GUI2.INI.OLD and tried to launch Toad again and this time it worked. For some reason, Toad was having trouble overwriting the existing file. I have since closed down Toad and reopened it and it is still working fine.

For some reason now though, when I start up Toad, I get an extra little dialog box appear titled Toad Memory Usage which is empty unless I click the Fetch button – is this anything to do with the problem I’ve been having? Is there an option I need to set to stop it appearing?

Thanks,

Mark.

You can remove the debug INI flag now and that box will disappear. Thanks for the help, that's all I need to fix for next beta.

Thanks,

Michael

On Apr 4, 2017, at 3:56 AM, Mark G bounce-markagardner@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Latest Beta Update doesn't work for me.

Reply by Mark G
Hi Michael,

The new beta still didn’t work so I added the debug as requested. The debug file stops at the line “Moving TOAD_GUI2.INI to GUISettings” so I went into the GUISsettings folder and renamed the existing TOAD_GUI2.INI to TOAD_GUI2.INI.OLD and tried to launch Toad again and this time it worked. For some reason, Toad was having trouble overwriting the existing file. I have since closed down Toad and reopened it and it is still working fine.

For some reason now though, when I start up Toad, I get an extra little dialog box appear titled Toad Memory Usage which is empty unless I click the Fetch button – is this anything to do with the problem I’ve been having? Is there an option I need to set to stop it appearing?

Thanks,

Mark.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Excellent, thanks.

Mark, thanks for that bit of information. I was having trouble starting Toad after the .61 update and same with .62. The rename did the trick.

Happy to help [:)]