Toad World® Forums

Can I Disable "File Modified" Warning?

Is there any way to stop Toad checking the version of a SQL file, with the version that you have open within the editor? I’ve looked, but I can’t find any setting that would do this for me. (Toad for SQL Server 6.7).

I am saving sql files from Toad into Microsoft OneDrive. One of the consequences of this (it’s a known issue with OneDrive) is that every time OneDrive automatically syncs files, Toad believes that the file has been externally modified by another application/user. So the next time it checks you receive a “File Modified” popup warning;

[Your File.sql] has been modified on disk. Do you want to reload the file?

Of course, if you respond Yes to this, you revert back to the file exactly as it was when you last saved it, and you lose all edits since then. So it’s an annoying, constant nag that you have to keep replying No to.

The frustrating thing about this is that the file hasn’t been modified by OneDrive at all. It is exactly the same, with the timestamp untouched. But something it’s doing when syncing to the OneDrive cloud convinces Toad that the file has changed.

Any luck getting this resolved? I’m having the exact same issue.

No luck on this. Right now my colleague has just created an SSIS package to do the load. Not sure why Toad is acting up that way.

Thanks & Regards,

Sherlyn Divya

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:34 AM

To: toadss@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum] Can I Disable “File Modified” Warning?

Caution: This message is from an EXTERNAL source.

RE: Can I Disable “File Modified” Warning?

Reply by sCmancuso

Any luck getting this resolved? I’m having the exact same issue.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for SQL Server Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication contains information intended for the use of the individuals to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from other disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of the contents is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by returning it by return mail and then permanently delete the communication from your system. Thank you.

Toad’s sql editor and automation designer forms detect file changes based on comparing the “Last write time” (time modified) of the file being edited against the time it has remembered in memory - the “Event” that triggers the Detection occurs once you do alt-tab or something that causes the Toad app to deactivate and activate again. There is no other rule that is being compared. I believe that when date and time comparison is concerned it compares even seconds and milliseconds.

Could you please write down full date and time of a sql file and wait until the sync happens and then compare the new time manually and see if there is any difference?

Martin