Cannot export as excel linked query

I am getting this error

04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Export Started [16/06/2016 04:44:04 p.m.]
04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Export using connection: analistap@bumex1.bumeran.biz
04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Export using connection: analistap@bumex1.bumeran.biz
04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Export Wizard: Building object list
04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Exporting Data (1 of 1)
04:44:04 p.m. Thread (29) Object SQL Query started.
04:44:05 p.m. Thread (25) User cancelled
04:44:05 p.m. Thread (25) DoneReadTreadWriter
04:44:05 p.m. Thread (25) DoneReadThreadWriter finally - adapter null
04:44:05 p.m. Thread (29) Object SQL Query finished with error: Unable to execute linked query.
Excel returned the message: “Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E”
Error code: 80040E4E
04:44:05 p.m. Thread (29) at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.WriteHeaderInternalQuery()
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.WriteHeader(Object tableObject)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportObjectData.InitializeSchema()
04:44:14 p.m. Thread (29) Export Finished [16/06/2016 04:44:14 p.m.]

Can anyone help?

Have you tried running the query in the linked file directly to see if you get results in a Toad Edtitor tab?

We would need more info. It would be easiest if you opened a support case. They are trained to gather the info I need to help you out. [:)]

Hi Debbie…I know this thread is a bit old. I recently started having this issue with TDP 4.0 and just recently upgraded 4.1. Any solution yet?

Thanks for any assistance,

Chris

Hi Chris,

if you can provide me more information for reproducing this problem I can help you too.

What version of Excel do you have? What OS? Do you export to existing workbook (what version is this file) or do you create new one? How do you define your data for export (in some automation activity, export wizard template )?

Filip

I assume your are using a right click from a grid and the menu item shown below. I did quick test and have no issues. Can you provide the info Filip mentioned. Also, are you able to do any of the quick exports?

Also, the error stack you show is from Export Wizard which doesn’t build a linked query. Linked queries populate the data themselves. So i guess i need the steps to recreate this workflow and issue. Here are the steps i am using.

Hi Filip,

It is working now. I can't say why but after I upgraded to 4.1 and upgrading office 2010 to 64 bit, all seem to role along. Thanks to you and Debbie for your response.

Any idea if I can achieve the same goal on a cross connection. I am aware that it is not currently supported. Is it being looked into?

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 1:51 AM, Filip Cevela bounce-FilipCevela@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Cannot export as excel linked query

Reply by Filip Cevela
Hi Chris,

if you can provide me more information for reproducing this problem I can help you too.

What version of Excel do you have? What OS? Do you export to existing workbook (what version is this file) or do you create new one? How do you define your data for export (in some automation activity, export wizard template )?

Filip

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.