Cannot "see" ODBC Sybase IQ 12.5 tables in order to Compare DB2 10.5 LUW data Toad Data Point Pro 3.6.1.3294 Evaluation

I am evaluating whether we can use Toad Data Point for our migration of Sybase IQ 12.5 to DB2 10.5. In attempting the verification, I cannot “see” the Sybase IQ objects. Toad can display the objects, columns and data. Toad cannot do this in the Compare. I’ve [View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/ToadDataPoint5.2.1_5F00_DB2_5F00_LUW_5F00_Tbl.tif:550:0][View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/36/ToadDataPoint5.2.1_5F00_SybaseIQ_5F00_Tbl.tif:550:0]

Hello sunnybrook,

The target object will be blank when there is no similar table in the target database. Do you not see anything when clicking the target object drop down?

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

No I do not see any target objects in the target drop down. I need to compare DB2 table PER_ACAD_ALL to Sybase IQ table Per_All_Acad_Tbl.

I’ve attached screenprints showing that Toad Data Point Pro 3.6.1.3294 can “see” both tables outside of the Compare Wizard.

From: Michael Garza [mailto:bounce-MichaelG@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:20 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Cannot “see” ODBC Sybase IQ 12.5 tables in order to Compare DB2 10.5 LUW data Toad Data Point Pro 3.6.1.3294 Evaluation

RE: Cannot “see” ODBC Sybase IQ 12.5 tables in order to Compare DB2 10.5 LUW data Toad Data Point
Pro 3.6.1.3294 Evaluation

Reply by Michael Garza

Hello sunnybrook,

The target object will be blank when there is no similar table in the target database. Do you not see anything when clicking the target object drop down?

Thanks.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Perhaps I should add that I have done successful comparison between DB2 and Sybase ASE 12.5, but not (using ODBC) Sybase IQ 12.5. I have seen how the comparison is supposed to work. With Sybase IQ as the target, when I type the “P” in the target column to search for Per_All_Acad_Tbl it immediately changes to a red “X”.

Resolved. On the Sybase IQ side (source or target) I needed to specify DBA as the “database” rather than the “real” database name that I normally use to connect.