Cascading Acces Violation on closing TDM

Hi,

From some time I have a cascading access violation when I try to close TDM. Attached Eureka logs are from previous version, but as I see it is also happening on 3.3.7.22 I belive this has something to do with deleted TXP. I have deleted some TXP when TDM was turned off. After loading, TDM informed me about missing TXP’s. And then it started…

Regards,
Michal

cont.
eureka3.txt (58.5 KB)

Hi Michal,

Please try to delete the TDM.txe file and restart TDM then.
Does it help? Please let us know.

The TDM.txe file default location is at:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Installation #\Configs

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Helped. Once. Only once :frowning:

Regards,
Michal

Hi Michal,

Please send us the TDM.txe file you have in this location (default location):
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Installation #\Configs

Please send it to modeling@quest.com.

We’ll check it out. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Michal,

Anything new? Unfortunately, we haven’t received the file from you yet.
Does it work fine now?

Please let us know. Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Vladka,

I was bit busy, bu I have just sent you my files. After some tweaking with deleting file and restarting Windows few times I worked ok.

reagards,
Michal

Hi Michal,

Thanks very much.

We’ll have a look at it. Thanks.

Vladka

Hello,

Here is what we have found out: TDM had problems with combination of opened Scripting Window plus unsuitable focus during TDM close.

The bug is registered under CR # 59 933 and I’m pleased to inform you that it has already been fixed. The fix will be available in next Beta and next official release.

Michal, thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka

Oh, yes. I recently bought 22’’ monitor, so I am often switching between 1920 and 1280 (which is my notebook default) resolution. I do not know exactly how the resolution is being calculated since this is automagically done by some Lenovo software, and I have not worked it out why there are sometimes problems. What is important, it seems sometimes TDM is getting bit crazy after changing resolution, crazy things happening to focus also occured. Maybe I am just guessing…

Regards,

Michal

Thanks for your remarks!

Vladka