change user for a specific tab

For instance, I want to have 2 tabs (Editor) open. One as an admin so i can create a stored procedure and grant execute permissions (say NonAdminUser). I also would like a tab open and logged on as NonAdminUser to try and execute the procedure. In essence test some security settings for a specific user.

The only way i see to do this is to change the connection properties for the server and then it changes all tabs open to that user. I would hope there is a way to change the user that is connected (via Editor) to a particular server without having to change the server connection properties to that server.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Hi. Sorry we missed your post till now. Which product are you using so I can move your question to the correct product group?

-Steve

Sorry about that. I am using Toad for SQL Server.

Thanks

From: Steve Hilker [mailto:bounce-Steve_Hilker@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 1:53 PM

To: TW_feedback@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad World Discussion Forum] change user for a specific tab

RE: change user for a specific tab

Reply by Steve Hilker

Hi. Sorry we missed your post till now. Which product are you using so I can move your question to the correct product group?

-Steve

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad World Issues notifications altogether.

Toad World feedback

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi,

Thank you!

Toad for SQL Server can provide user connect same server in two different connection with diffrent login at the same time. It also provide user multi Editor opened under different connections.

For example, we can create a connection named "ConnectionA" use AdminUser as login. Then we open an editor window . This editor window will use ConnecitonA. We create a connection named "ConnectionB" use NonAdminUser as login. Then we open an editor window. This editor window will use ConnectionB. We also can find which connection the editor is using at status bar. it's at lower right corner in toad window. Like the picture below.

Hope these can help you.