Compare Data - results with only the colums that are differents ?

I did 2 compare with “Compare data” and I was very happy with the results as I have a database with a lot of columns and I had to compare results Before and After some changes and Toad gave me as I asked it, all the rows that were differents BUT also only the columns that were differents, and I was very very very helpful.

I did it 2 times, and now I cannot reproduce this, as it gives me all the columns.

In the options, I selected that I want only the row in differences.

Example.
Lets say I would have 5 columns :

Schema 1 :
Column 1 (key), Column 2, Column 3, Column 4, Column 5
123 AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD
124 EEEE FFFF GGGG HHHH

Schema 2 :
123 AAAZ BBBB CCCZ DDDD
124 EEEE FFFF GGGG HHHH

Results that I had, and that I would like to reproduce :
Column 1 (key), Column 2, Column 4
123 AAAZ CCCZ
Note that Column 2 and Column 5 are not in the output results and that is what I want to reproduce.

Now I have this result, which is good but not as helpful for me :
123 AAAZ BBBB CCCZ DDDD

There must be a “general” option to be able to have this as I saved my Compare instructions, and even by reruning it, now I have the columns that are not different.
The compare is working well, it’s just that the function that displayed only the columns that are differents does not seem to work anymore and that is what I really need because of the number of columns in this table.

I did a correction, it should have been Column 3 instead of Column 2 in this sentence :

Note that Column 2 and Column 5 are not in the output results and that is what I want to reproduce.

In Toad DB2 v5.3 there is a button that can be used to view only the different columns. Please refer to the attached image.
Let me know if that was what you were looking for.
Jeff

Thanks for your help !
I don't seem to have this button but there must be a away since I had those kind of result before ?

Can you let us know what version of Toad you are running?
(Help - About will display your Toad version)
thanks

Hi the version is as below :

Toad for DB2 5.0.3.718

There is also this information about the version included for “Plugin Name” :

Plugin Name
DB2SchemaCompare 5.0.0.718
ToadCore 6.1.0.718
ToadDataCompareAndSync 3.6.0.24
etc.

I just now ran the same Toad version you are running.
It could be that you have multiple rows each having different columns that have data that differs. In that case the top grid will show a super-set of columns of any row that have differences. See attached for more details. If you still have questions, or feel that it is not working correctly for you, please open up a support case at support.quest.com. That way we can completely gather all information and officially track this.
thanks
Jeff
dc1.docx (246 KB)

**Eureka !!! It works exactly as I want with that button.

THANKS A LOT !

Hi Cadesj,

Glad we figure out this.
Just b/c of my curiosity - is there any specific reason stops you to use latest available version or even participate in beta?