Compare Files Changes

I used TOAD to compare files and make changes to one file. I periodically hit ‘save changes’ and could the changes being saved to a temp table. I thought the changes would automatically go to the original table when I finished, but they didn’t. How can I find my changes? And how can I apply them to the original table?

Thank You,

Sandy Petty

Arkansas State University

There are no tables involved in Toad’s file compare. When you make changes in that GUI and click “Save Changes”, then it should prompt you "save changes to " and if you click yes, then file “blah” will get updated. Maybe you are expecting it to change one of the files being compared and it is changing the other? Maybe Toad doesn’t have write access to the file? I’m just guessing here.

Thank You….I found the temp file. I guess I just didn’t notice that it was saving as a temp file and not the original file. I’m new at this.

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 2:52 PM
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Compare Files Changes

RE: Compare Files Changes

Reply by John Dorlon

There are no tables involved in Toad’s file compare. When you make changes in that GUI and click “Save Changes”, then it should prompt you "save changes to " and if you click yes, then file “blah” will get updated. Maybe you are expecting it to change one of the files being compared and it is changing the other? Maybe Toad doesn’t have write access to the file? I’m just guessing here.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.