Toad World® Forums

Compare objects has changed add needs some refinement

The old Compare would let you pick options such as -> Format and if doing table compares you could pick just columns and/or precision/scale.

This seem to have been removed .

Now with the current compare , it 99.9% of the time looks different on both sides. And then asks me if I want to format the code and try the compare again. Please put the format back to before the compare is tried. Also if would be nice if you could format SQL scripts without having to open them click format and save them back.

This is in Toad 13.0.0.30

Thanks,

Steven

Hi Steven,

The column options were not removed. They are now on the the results step, on the “compare columns” page, which is the only place where they applied.

I see what you mean about formatting - when you first check the “format” option in the side-by-side comparison, it asks about recomparing, which annoying. After that it remembers your preference for the next time you run the comparison and it doesn’t prompt again (unless you change options again). I don’t know what you mean by “save them back”. I’ll get rid of the prompt.

-John

I did a compare of over 25 views and it was always wrong and always asked me if I wanted to “format”.

I will try again today to make sure.

J

Thanks,

Steven

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:57 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Compare objects has changed add needs some refinement

RE: Compare objects has changed add needs some refinement

Reply by John Dorlon

Hi Steven,

The column options were not removed. They are now on the the results step, on the “compare columns” page, which is the only place where they applied.

I see what you mean about formatting - when you first check the “format” option in the side-by-side comparison, it asks about recomparing, which annoying. After that it remembers your preference for the next time you run the comparison and it doesn’t prompt again (unless you change options again). I don’t know what you mean by “save them back”. I’ll get rid of the prompt.

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message has been scanned for known computer viruses.