Compare schema based on invalid objects, new idea

Hi

My Toad is 12.1.

I’d like to find how to compare number of invalid objects in two schemas.

In mine case on production there are many db links which doesn’t exists on dev. In mine cases only few directories are difference between PROD/DEV. But in practical target is unusable. This is because many packages/procs/funcs are invalid regardless their content is the same.

This mean that I have additionally compare invalid objects manually to see what else should I do.

Is there any way to implement such a compare situation… or at least place some additional button (option)?

Brg

Damir

There is no option in the schema compare for invalid objects…but if you aren’t expecting too many objects, the easiest way would be to open two schema browsers
– one to each schema, and go to the “Invalid objects” tab and just eyeball it. There is a count of objects at the bottom of the screen, on the status bar.

From: damir.vadas_531 [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_531@toadworld.com]

Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2013 10:49 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Compare schema based on invalid objects, new idea

Compare schema based on invalid objects, new idea

Thread created by damir.vadas_531

Hi

My Toad is 12.1.

I’d like to find how to compare number of invalid objects in two schemas.

In mine case on production there are many db links which doesn’t exists on dev. In mine cases only few directories are difference and in practical target is unusable. This is because many packages
are invalid and “not OK” regardless the content is the same.

Is there any way to implement such a compare situation… or at least place some additional button (option)?

Brg

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Anju just reminded me - you can just use the schema compare window. It includes a check on Status. The sync script will compile invalid packages in the target schema.

Hi John,

THX for your answer.

I’m sorry but looking in Schema compare window, cannot find in any of the tabs your option … Could you tell me tab name to narrow search?

Brg,

Damir

In the Schema Compare window, on the “Object Types to Compare” tab, check packages, procecures, functions, and whatever else you want to compare.

On the “Object Type Specific Options” tab, in the “Misc” section, is a checkbox for “Compare object status”. Check that.

From: damir.vadas_531 [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_531@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:49 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Compare schema based on invalid objects, new idea

RE: Compare schema based on invalid objects, new idea

Reply by damir.vadas_531

Hi John,

THX for your answer.

I’m sorry but looking in Schema compare window, cannot find in any of the tabs your option … Could you tell me tab name to narrow search?

Brg,

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

John,

THX found it.

Brg

Damir