I installed toad for oracle 22.214.171.124 in my laptop. I want to using compare schema to get ddl difference. Database is 12 c.
Source db and target db is different pdb, but have same schemas. Now I choose different pdb(like source pdb1, target pdb2) and same schema(c##test1), but the compared results show 0 objects exist in source and target pdb.
Actually, exist objects in pdb. However, If I choose different pdb(like source pdb1, target pdb2) and different schema( like c##test1, c##test2), it will show compared results and there are some different objects.
12.11 had a few bugs in the new compare schemas window, so if you are having problems, either use the Legacy Compare Schemas window or upgrade to 12.12, which just came out a few days ago.
If you don’t see the Legacy Compare Schemas WIndow in your menu, you can add it to the menu like this:
- right-click the main toolbar and choose customize.
- In the dialog that appears, go to the “commands” tab.
- Select “Compare” on the left.
- Drag “Schemas - Legacy” up into the main menu Under Database -> Compare
- Close the customize dialog
Ok, I try you solution and it’ worked. Thank you very much.