I am so thrilled to have found Toad and this forum!!!
First, a disclaimer: I am a novice at DB administration and everything I know is self taught through forums just like this one. That learning is out of necessity, but thank God I enjoy a challenge! My question may be “basic” and I apologize to the experts that may find my inquiry frustratingly simple. I have searched the forum and couldn’t find the answer and thus, finally asking for help.
My Experience Level with Toad: maybe 6 hours of use
My DB Admin Skill Level: Novice
Version of Toad: 188.8.131.5222
Toad Feature I am have issues with: Compare Schema
**Error being encountered: **Select command denied to user ‘xxxx’@‘yyyyy’ for table ‘db’ Quest.Compare.Schema.MySQL.DBModel
Prior to posting I made sure (using Toad)…
- I have successfully connected to each of the DBs for which I am trying to compare the schemas for.
- I have been able to successfully run queries against each of the targeted DBs.
- I have verified the stored user name and password for each connection.
- I have verified that the UID has select authority for each of the DBs. Actually, the UID has all permissions.
- I have verified that remote connection is authorized for the UID on each DB.
- I have reviewed the list of tables within each of the target DBs… neither has a table named ‘db’.
I also reviewed the “How to create multi-schema comparison” posted within the forum but that didn’t help. As soon as I execute the compare, Toad returns the stated error. I suspect this is something truly simple and elementary but I, as I mentioned, I am a novice and would truly appreciate any guidance from anyone willing to point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance!