Conditional formatting in Toad reports

We’re using Toad for Data Analysts 2.1.0.227 with an Oracle 9 database for reports. As I said in my earlier post, I’m new to Toad and struggling to figure some aspects out.

A previous employee created Toad reports that have conditional formatting, i.e., colors of text boxes and other features are driven by the values of certain fields.

I can’t find any documentation on this anywhere and no one at work knows how this was done. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are some sample reports in the project manager that show three reports. One of them give an example of formatting.

If you send me a private email I can send you a tutorial that goes over some of this.

Debbie

I just sent you my email address via PM.

I have looked at example reports but they are no help. I can’t see how or where the actual condition logic is implemented, just the end result. This despite digging all over the place in the report designer. One more place where Toad’s Help needs… help. And as much as Microsoft Access is maligned, it was absurdly easy to figure out conditional reporting when I first did it-- sans documentation.

Thanks.

I received your email and sent you tutorial.

Also, see this post. At the bottom there is a link to a help topic on conditional formatting.

http://tda.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=28805&tstart=15#XtraReports/CustomDocument5167

Debbie