Connect to SQL Server

Does anyone know how to connect to a SQL Server Database via Toad and update a Table?

Download and install Toad for SQL Server or Toad Data Point - different products. First is a Toad for SQL Server sort of like Toad for Oracle. Toad Data Point is a multi-platform tool which can connect to many different types of databases.

You mentioned you want to update a table, so I’m not sure if this will work for what you need, but just so you are aware… As of 12.1, you can import and export to other ODBC sources. So, if you had ODBC setup, and were connecting that way, you could run a query in Toad, go to Export Dataset (select ODBC), and export those rows directly to the table. It kind of sounds like you want to run an update statement tho, so this probably won’t work for your needs. You could always do a dblink as well, but that can get messy (if my memory serves me correctly). It’s been a long time since I had to do something like that.

dblink is for connection to another oracle database - a remote connection of sorts. You would need Oracle gateways product in order to have Oracle talk to SQL Server. But as Brad mentions and I blooged on in Toad World - Toad can do some limited ODBC stuff now :slight_smile:

www.toadworld.com/…/toad-12-1-offers-basic-etl-capabilities-via-odbc.aspx

www.toadworld.com/…/toad-etl-capabilities-further-explained.aspx

ah yes…I should have clarified the dblink piece. :slight_smile:

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:43 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Connect to SQL Server

RE: Connect to SQL Server

Reply by Bert Scalzo

dblink is for connection to another oracle database - a remote connection of sorts. You would need Oracle gateways product in order to have Oracle talk to SQL Server. But as Brad mentions and
I blooged on in Toad World - Toad can do some limited ODBC stuff now :slight_smile:

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sometimes you have to pick the right tool for the right job.

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:43 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Connect to SQL Server

RE: Connect to SQL Server

Reply by Bert Scalzo

dblink is for connection to another oracle database - a remote connection of sorts. You would need Oracle gateways product in order to have Oracle talk to SQL Server. But as Brad mentions and
I blooged on in Toad World - Toad can do some limited ODBC stuff now :slight_smile:

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.