Toad data point to connect SQL Server DB and Oracle

Hello,

Currently I installed Toad data point to connect to Oracle DB and SQL MI DB, please advise:
Do I need to install Toad for Oracle and Toad for SQL Server?

Best Regards,
Jerry

Toad Data Point is the ONLY Toad solution that can connect to both Oracle and SQL (Azure MI) and 40+ other databases and sources simultaneously. So if you have it installed, and you need to access data on these platforms, you should be good to go, assuming you have the proper credentials from the DBA team to connect to these sources.

Note that TDP is not like other Toad product flavors, which are purpose-built for DBA and developer types... With those specific-flavored Toads (like Toad for Oracle, Toad for SQL, for DB2, SAP, etc.) you can perform object/schema change management, compare and sync databases, perform code debugging, and SQL Tuning, etc. Don't expect to do those types of things in TDP, which is purpose-built for data analyst personas... e.g. accessing all kinds of data, creating cross-connection queries that blend different sources together easily, transform data, understand data quality and profiling attributes, migrating data from here to there, etc... TDP is all about data.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Gary,

it's clear. Thank you for fully support and sharing the information.

Best Regards,
Jerry

We create connections to several types of data sources using Toad Data Point v6.2. We have connected to SQL Server, Excel spreadsheets and ODBC connected databases.

Cross queries let you create queries that use any or all of these in the same query. You need the PRO license to perform cross queries.

I was greatly impressed with the ability to connect to an Excel sheet and treat it like a database table.