Connection to Google Analytics

hi

im trying to connect to our google analytics account with toad data point 4.3.

my authorization with our account works and in my google analytics apps, toad is showing app with granted access.

but when i click “connect” it takes some minutes until the dialog “timeout was reached”.

could it be a problem with loading the google analytics tables?

Hello,

we are not aware of any Google Analytics connection issues.

Couldn’t it be your company’s network policy?

With regards.
Jakub K.

I just tested our Google connector. Seems okay.

When you press ‘Connect’ it needs to authorize our application and send back a token that we cache. This process seems to be timing out. Try changing your connection timeout value in Options | Database | Timeouts | Connection timeout

@Jakub

This might be, but with my Tableau Desktop Version im able to access Google Analytics.

[mention:c51459804ebd46679755185a35a001ea:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]

Thanks for your help, i changed it up to 4000 seconds but its still timing out, before the timeout “expires”.

If i compare my authorized Apps, all other apps have granted access to google analytics data and general information about my account. but toad only has access to data. maybe thats the problem.

Could you just check, if QuestSoftware have access to Google Analytivs services?: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions

Yes, Quest Software has access to Google Analytics.

Maybe i cancel them and reauthorize.

EDIT: didnt work

maybe i should also note that we are using tdp 32 bit version and have no drivers installed.

ps: im using chrome as a standard browser.

I have the 32 bit version, also do i need some drivers?

we are using tdp 32 bit version and i didnt install any drivers for google analytics. maybe thats also a problem.

btw im connecting with google chrome.

When i tested it, i didn’t need any drivers

@peacock

You mention “If i compare my authorized Apps, all other apps have granted access to google analytics data and general information about my account. but toad only has access to data. maybe that’s the problem.”, Have you also grant Toad access to general information to try.

Can you send us the screen shot of your configuration in google analysis for us checking? You can send email to ocean.yin@quest.com vincent.hu@[mention:def66d60eb544ed49068355523d182dd:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]