TNSNames.ora:p:\Oracle\tns_admin\tnsnames.ora

SQLNet.ora:p:\Oracle\tns_admin\sqlnet.ora

LDAP.ora:

Login.sql:

GLogin.sql:

In system PATH:Yes

Home is valid:Yes

Hi Lian

Your registry settings for Oracle home look incorrect. This probably happened on your Oracle Client install. The Oracle home should never be the bin subdirectory.

I would guess the reason Toad is complaining is that is looking for such directories as the bin directory itself and network/admin under the **p:\Oracle\ora11203**bin the registry has defined as ORACLE_HOME. Its got to find bin directory underneath home to find the sqlplus executable and the network/admin to find the sqlplus.ora and tnsnames.ora

It looks like your Oracle home registry setting should be p:\Oracle\ora11203

You have two choices.

1. You can use the registry settings I have attached as a guide and regedit the: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ORACLE > KEY_OraClient11g_home1(or its equivalent) using your equivalent :\Oracle\ora11203

2. If this doesn’t work you can reinstall your Oracle Client

Good Luck I hope this helps!

This is an instant client and doesn’t need registry although it may have registry entries depending on the installation method. Post your Support Bundle, LianBolenius. Toad can find the home, but the component used to make the connection has no knowledge of it.

Lian,

Since this is an Instant Client confirm that it has been configured properly.

See the video here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-tfrQy6DOAhUKymMKHVewBn8QFgg1MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.quest.com%2Ftoad-for-oracle%2Fkb%2F76454&usg=AFQjCNHikrXRYweiyDad7WcUZsicHt0LIw&sig2=vbZtfAP_89IYqZ91jVGujg

That KB article is missing an important step, making sure that the path to OCI.dll is in system PATH. The resolution steps are correct per the info in description, but the title says… “How to configure the Oracle Instant Client to connect with Toad.” which should include information about PATH.

The information the OP provided suggested there is a TNS_ADMIN environment variable setup and that the home is properly listed in PATH.

Follow these instructions which have been known to work with Toad for Oracle:

Problem solved,

solition:

To download an Instant Client, go to the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/winsoft-085727.html

Select the “instantclient-basic-nt-12.1.0.2.0.zip” file to download.

NOTE: If you wish for the SQL Plus tool for the Instant client, then you can also download the “instantclient-sqlplus-nt-12.1.0.2.0.zip” file.

A. Extract all Instant Client files to one directory file length path.

Example: C:\Ora12c_32bit

NOTE: If you downloaded the SQL Plus tool, extract all the files to the same location as the Instant client files. i.e. C:\Ora12c_32bit.

B. Place the new Oracle_Home path of Instant Client to the Environment Variable PATH.

1. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.

2. In the Advanced tab select “Environment Variables” button.

3. In the System Variables section, highlight Path and press edit. Edit your path so that your Oracle Instant Client directory path is first.

For example: PATH=C:\Ora12c_32bit;

NOTE: Ensure you have a semicolon at the end, no space.

1. Click OK on all windows.

C. If planning to use TNSnames.ora file to Connect try the following:

1. Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and choose Properties option.

2. In the System window click on Advanced system settings link in the left pane.

3. In the System Properties window select Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables button.

4. Under the System variables section of the new window, NEW button.

5. Enter TNS_ADMIN for the variable name and for the variable value type in C:\TNSnames.

6. Then manually create a folder called TNSnames in your (C:) drive and paste your TNSnames.ora file there

Follow these instructions which have been known to work with Toad for Oracle:

To download an Instant Client, go to the following link:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/winsoft-085727.html

Select the “instantclient-basic-nt-12.1.0.2.0.zip” file to download.

NOTE: If you wish for the SQL Plus tool for the Instant client, then you can also download the “instantclient-sqlplus-nt-12.1.0.2.0.zip” file.

A. Extract all Instant Client files to one directory file length path.

Example: C:\Ora12c_32bit

NOTE: If you downloaded the SQL Plus tool, extract all the files to the same location as the Instant client files. i.e. C:\Ora12c_32bit.

B. Place the new Oracle_Home path of Instant Client to the Environment Variable PATH.

1. Right click on My Computer and select Properties.

2. In the Advanced tab select “Environment Variables” button.

3. In the System Variables section, highlight Path and press edit. Edit your path so that your Oracle Instant Client directory path is first.

For example: PATH=C:\Ora12c_32bit;

NOTE: Ensure you have a semicolon at the end, no space.

1. Click OK on all windows.

C. If planning to use TNSnames.ora file to Connect try the following:

1. Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and choose Properties option.

2. In the System window click on Advanced system settings link in the left pane.

3. In the System Properties window select Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables button.

4. Under the System variables section of the new window, NEW button.

5. Enter TNS_ADMIN for the variable name and for the variable value type in C:\TNSnames.

6. Then manually create a folder called TNSnames in your (C:) drive and paste your TNSnames.ora file there