Cookie Guard

A really annoying spam keeps appearing at the top of these forums on page refresh, from “Cookie Guard”. It shows up across all browsers and across different OS’s (I checked because I thought maybe it was originating from my browser.) This is stupid, why is the site presenting it?

Hi,

I’m sorry that the guard strip annoys you that much. It’s a javascript and it’s a part of the Toad World website, so nothing browser-bound or specific for our forum only. I can check whether this may be made either optional (once banned, no more show ups), or disabled by default, but I’m afraid of that we (TDM R&D) won’t be able to influence this anyhow. Nevertheless, I’ll check and update you.

Regards,
Lukas

Hi,

to our regret, it’s a must. Please try to google for “EU Cookie Law” and you will find out why it is necessary to ask visitors from European Union for their permission to store cookies.

Regards,

Vaclav

Thanks for looking at it. I found I could make it disappear by a few clicks. It looks really out of place and very much like malware, so I was surprised to see it - I haven’t seen anything else like it on any other website I use.