Copy an existing Data Compare but change the target without mapping reset

Hello

I am using version 3.8

I have three env’s for the same app.

I created a data compare between Env 1 & Env 2.

Is it possible to make a copy of my curent data compare and change it so it is between Env 1 & Env 3 without having all the mappings reset?

When i made a copy and changed the target , it resets all the mappings.

If there is a way, then I would be very interested in finding out as it will save me from having to recreate all my mappings again.

Any help most appreciated…

Thanks

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

unfortunately there is no easy way how to change connection directly in Toad.

But there is one way how to change it manually in DCP file. If you edit this DCP file in some XML editor (etc Notepad) you can find there nodes with your Connection definition. You can get same nodes when you Export your connections in Connection Manager. Then you can just replace this connection in DCP file with your exported.

Filip

awesome, thanks Filip - i was trying to figure out how to get the encrypted password and the idea to export out from connections did the trick.

Thanks Much

Vineet

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Copy an existing Data Compare but change the target without mapping reset
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 04:44:38 -0700

RE: Copy an existing Data Compare but change the target without mapping reset

Reply by Filip Cevela
Hi Vineet,

unfortunately there is no easy way how to change connection directly in Toad.

But there is one way how to change it manually in DCP file. If you edit this DCP file in some XML editor (etc Notepad) you can find there nodes with your Connection definition. You can get same nodes when you Export your connections in Connection Manager. Then you can just replace this connection in DCP file with your exported.

Filip

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General Forum notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.