Crash & Freeze with beta 607

If you let me know what they are, I'll try installing them here and repeating the test

I was trying to repo, i found this, right before I executed exec P_VOLS_PRICE.TEST_TRADE_LOG

the debugger was off
After,"exec P_VOLS_PRICE.TEST_TRADE_LOG" the debugger was on

Another point, I can not get toad to freeze by just pasting the error into the sql editor. I must have executed the script in the sql editor first.

This is a wild guess, Toad has a pop under issue, maybe the debugger gave an msgbox but can not be seen. (pop under is where the focus window(msgbox) is behind the lost focused window)

Toad has a pop under issue, maybe the debugger gave an msgbox but can not be seen. (pop under is where the focus window(msgbox) is behind the lost focused window)

Maybe. If it happens again, try ESC to close it. I'm trying to figure out how debugger could have come on like that.

Oh, I see how debugger becomes active. It is actually script debugger that is active, because the query in the script isn't actually being cancelled even though the script runner has cancelled.

It's a different symptom of this: (14.0.51.637) TOAD hangs when trying to cancel long running PL/SQL

Run your EXEC with F9 instead of F5 and it should cancel normally. We'll get that fixed in the betas after 14.0.

Cool, thanks. Now how to I teach my fingers to use f9 after 20 years of toad.

You can do it. I just learned to ride a unicycle after 40 something years of riding bikes with two wheels!

1 Like