Create Setting to Auto-Recover all sessions

Currently Toad for Oracle shows you which sessions are recoverable in the "Recover Documents" window.

I would like to recommend a "nice to have" feature for the "Recover Documents" panel for Toad for Oracle:

• An option such as a checkbox in the "Recover Documents" window stating "Auto recover all sessions in the future"

• Or a setting which can set "Recover Documents" to always recover all open sessions.

There are times when oracle will abruptly close (Updates, Errors, etc). At this point the procedure is to restart Toad for Oracle. Then the Recover Documents window will show up. You have to then manually select which sessions to reopen. It would be nice if it can just open the same way it was when it abruptly closed.

Hi Robert,

What is the difference between the two options that you presented? They sound the same to me. I think I am missing something.

We can add something, but FYI - an easy way to accomplish this is:

When the recover documents dialog appears, and you don't care about what's there - click in the the grid, CTRL+A, and delete, so you don't have to see them again. Then, for the times that the dialog appears and you do want to recover, click in the grid, CTRL+A and click "Recover".

-John

Good morning John, thank you for your prompt response! Here are the updates to the items requested:

What is the difference between the two options that you presented? They sound the same to me. I think I am missing something. Yes, the two bullet points I mentioned are the same, I am just suggesting two ways the enhancement can be done. Possibly the setting method would be better and easier I think since it would be just a hidden setting and no changes required to the "Recover Documents" window.

When the recover documents dialog appears, and you don't care about what's there - click in the the grid, CTRL+A, and delete, so you don't have to see them again. Then, for the times that the dialog appears and you do want to recover, click in the grid, CTRL+A and click "Recover". -This is the step I would like to eliminate. In my case I would like to recover all documents automatically when Toad for Oracle starts. In another words, when I click on the Icon to start Toad, it would bring up toad, recover all the documents and not even show the Recover Documents window if I have selected the new setting to "Auto Recover All Documents from last session".

Thank You and I would greatly appreciate this enhancement. It would save me that extra step of having to select all the documents to be recovered.

Robert

Although it is relatively rare for me, it is the case that I always want to restore all documents. So I would consider such an option helpful as well. :wink:

I've logged this internally so it isn't forgotten.