Cross-Connection query DB connection issue

I am new to constructing Cross_connection queries. Am using Oracle and SharePoint.

I am using Win 7 and Data Point Ver 3.8.

I have exception reports that I need to put into a SharePoint list. Want to only append the exceptions that do not already exist.

I have a small query that I am using to both learn and to confirm that we have the system set up correctly.

SELECT
CST_CST_PLN.REGION
, CST_CST_PLN.SSN
, CST_CST_PLN.NAME
, DENTAL.REGION
, DENTAL.SSN
, DENTAL.NAME

FROM DDISI_TST.DDIS.CST_CST_PLN PLN

JOIN
SharePoint_OBS.DENTAL DENTAL
ON (CST_CST_PLN.REGION = DENTAL.REGION) AND (CST_CST_PLN.SSN = DENTAL.SSN)

When I run the query, it shows the databases connecting in the object explorer panel on the left. The query runs for a period of time, then the following error message appears and the query terminates.

Cross Query Database Error: Invalid data source definition: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied;ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I am connected to Oracle using TNS, and the logon ID and Password are correct ( can connect manually and with other non Cross-Connected queries).

Any ideas will be appreciated. I have about 50 exception reports that I must transition to using Cross-Connection.

A work around would be to connect to Oracle via ODBC and use that in the cross query.