Cross Query Database Error: Invalid data source definition: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Cross Query Database Error: Invalid data source definition: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I am receiving this error when attempting to utilize an Oracle database in a cross-connection query. The database connection is set to use the Oracle client and it works fine for a traditional query builder. Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this issue?

I have tried the suggestion posted elsewhere in this forum to utilize a generic ODBC connection as a workaround, but this results in the same error for me.

What version of TDP are you using. It sounds like an issue we had before where we cached some connection info and then user changed password. Can you update to latest version of TDP and retry? Latest version is 5.0.4

I am running version 5.0.4.45.

Okay. Please add /log=all to your shortcut. Run TDP again and produce the error. Send the support bundle to support and open a ticket. The bundle should include the files we need to look into this.

Hi,

I am getting this issue even i enter correct user and password. : "Cross Query Database Error: Invalid data source definition: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied"

Every time when I try execute query, my user name is replaced with one of the database schema name. Please help me to fix it. I am using toad data point 5.1.3.179 (64) bit