Cross Connection query error

I’m trying to run a Cross Connection query in TDP 3.7 and I’m getting this error message

Cross Query Database Error: Got error 4206 ‘{0} Invalid data source definition: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specifie’ from HUB

One connection is Oracle, the other SQL, and I have the connections set up, and can run queries against them individually.

Could someone help me troubleshoot this error message?

Please make sure you are not connect to Oracle via direct connection, instead, you should install Oracle client and set current home.

I’m not sure what that means. I have a connection to MS SQL database, and one to an Oracle database set up in TDP. I can run individually against either one. But when I try to build a cross query, something about the format of the connections isn’t working. This is the SQL that is generated.

FROM sqlprodidpb\batch (my login ID).ODS.ConsRptg.T_STAGE_CONSRPTG_TRADE_UDF T_STAGE_CONSRPTG_TRADE_UDF

INNER JOIN

P1MAXTRAN (login ID), login pw.H1.FAS157_OWNED FAS157_OWNED

We would be happy to help you with this issue. can you open a support case? We need to ask several questions as well as get some log files in order to debug this. Support knows how to help you get this info for us. You will need to turn on logging, reproduce the error and send us the supportbundle.

Here is the answer to my problem. support.quest.com/…/87521

I had to choose Oracle ODBC driver on the Advanced tab of the connection properties. Thank you to Tech Support for the quick response!