Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

I have another issue.

The cursor in the Popup Editor is hidden until the Toad losts the focus and get it back.

regards

Steve

This is rather annoying and on an earlier attempt to fix I could not identify the cause. I took another look this morning and nothing has jumped out, unfortunately. The act of placing breakpoints in the code to debug causes Toad to
lose focus and the caret visibility issue is not present given the lose focus/regain focus workaround. It will need additional investigation.

Michael

On 10/17/2013 02:07 AM, stephan.hetzendorfer wrote:

Thread created by stephan.hetzendorfer
I have another issue.

The cursor in the Popup Editor is hidden until the Toad losts the focus and get it back.

regards

Steve

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

If debug mode doesn’t work just put in a bunch of dbms_outputs – oh, wait a minute …

Nate Schroeder

US Row Crops IT Data Management Team

Monsanto Company

800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. G3WB - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

314-694-2592

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:02 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

Re: Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

Reply by Michael Staszewski

This is rather annoying and on an earlier attempt to fix I could not identify the cause. I took another look this morning and nothing has jumped out,
unfortunately. The act of placing breakpoints in the code to debug causes Toad to lose focus and the caret visibility issue is not present given the lose focus/regain focus workaround. It will need additional investigation.

Michael

I have another issue.

regards

Steve

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled

to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and

all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its

subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".

Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying

this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States, potentially

including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations issued by the U.S. Department of

Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC). As a recipient of this information you are obligated to comply with all

applicable U.S. export laws and regulations.

That darned Heizenberg.

From: nathan.e.schroeder [mailto:bounce-nathaneschroeder@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

RE:

Reply by nathan.e.schroeder

If debug mode doesn’t work just put in a bunch of dbms_outputs – oh, wait a minute …

Nate Schroeder

US Row Crops IT Data Management Team

Monsanto Company

800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. G3WB - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

314-694-2592

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:02 PM

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

Re:

Reply by Michael Staszewski

This is rather annoying and on an earlier attempt to fix I could not identify the cause. I took another look this morning and nothing has jumped out, unfortunately. The act of placing
breakpoints in the code to debug causes Toad to lose focus and the caret visibility issue is not present given the lose focus/regain focus workaround. It will need additional investigation.

Michael

Cursor
is hidden in Popup Editor

I have another issue.

regards

Steve

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled

to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and

all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its

subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".

Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying

this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States, potentially

including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations issued by the U.S. Department of

Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC). As a recipient of this information you are obligated to comply with all

applicable U.S. export laws and regulations.

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

any news about this bug?

It still exists.

On 10/23/2013 01:18 AM, stephan.hetzendorfer wrote:

RE: Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

Reply by stephan.hetzendorfer
any news about this bug?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

whats the state of this bug? or is there already a relase date for the next update

It still exists. No ETA on a fix at this time.

On Nov 13, 2013, at 10:57 AM, "stephan.hetzendorfer" bounce-stephanhetzendorfer@toadworld.com wrote:

whats the state of this bug? or is there already a relase date for the next update

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

in Case of Bug should be fixed in Beta Version 12.5.0.17, its not working. I’ve still have to switch to an other program to gat the cursor in the popup editor

This is an very irritating issue for both users and development. I’ve tried to fix as well as hack it into place many times, but have been unsuccessful every
time. I apologize that it’s still an issue. It hasn’t been officially logged it seems so I just logged it so it’s not forgotten.

From: stephan.hetzendorfer [mailto:bounce-stephanhetzendorfer@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:05 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Cursor is hidden in Popup Editor

in Case of Bug should be fixed in Beta Version 12.5.0.17, its not working. I’ve still have to switch to an other program to gat the cursor in the popup editor

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3681/7041 - Release Date: 01/28/14

what’s the state of this issue? It’s still not working at 12.6.0.53 and that’s really irritating