DB2 AIX Connection

I’m trying to connect to AIX from TOAD for DB2. DB2 version 9.7 from a 64-bit windows client. I’m getting an error “ERROR [42724] [IBM] SQL1109N The specified DLL “GSKit Error: 202” could not be loaded. SQLSTATE=42724”. Any inputs ?

We need to know a few details to help you. What version of Windows is your client machine running? What version of Toad for DB2 did you install, and was it with the 64-bit client? Do you have other DB2 clients intstalled?

I have the same problem, I had previosly the freware version of toad, then I tried to use the DBA suit for evaluation pourposes.

Version of toad DB2 5.5.0.480

We need to know a few details to help you. What version of Windows is your client machine running? What bit-ness of Toad for DB2 did you install, and was it with the 64-bit client or 32-bit client? Do you have other DB2 clients installed?

Can you connect to that Database Server from the CLP?

I have a user with Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit DB2 client, Toad for DB2 64-bit. That’s it. When he tries to connect to a database he gets: ERROR [42724] [IBM] SQL1109N The specified DLL “GSKit Error: 202” could not be loaded. SQLSTATE=42724

Is this something that comes with toad for DB2?

The GSKit does not come with Toad DB2, but you should be able to use one that comes with a separate DB2 that you may have installed. Also it is important to understand that even though you are running Toad for DB2 with the 64-bit DB2 client, Toad still runs 32-bit and uses the 32-bit .NET IBM Data Provider. As such, this will in turn load the gsk8sys.dll instead of the gsk8sys_64.dll.

You need to PATH the directory to the 32-bit GSKit dll (by changing your Path environment variable and then restart Toad) and that should get around your issue.

Hello, where do I change the Path environment variable in toad ? Can you help.

PATH is a Windows environment variable. It depends on your Windows version, but for Win 7 you can press Win-Pause/break -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables, and edit Path under System Variables.

Hi Ririe,

I have path like %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0.

Could you please let me know to which I need to update? I am using Windows7 Ultimate with 32 bit

You need to add the directory where your GSKit dlls are. For instance, my path has the directory “C:\Program Files\ibm\gsk8\lib”. Your directory may be different.

I had the same issue with Toad for DB2 Free 5.6.0.2916.

It was caused by incorrect catalog entry. In fact, I don’t know what was wrong, but deleting and configuring again helped.

I even do not have those GSKit dll’s on my system.