Difference report

How can I run difference report for a procedure in two different schemas in toad. Please advise. Quick response is appreciated

Afternoon,

How can I run difference report for a procedure in two
different schemas in toad. Please advise. Quick response is
appreciated

Database->Compare->Single Object may be what you need.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

I see reference source and comparision source. And under comparision source, I see Live schema. At that place, do I have to enter the schema name which I have to compare. I am not able to change the schema name there. Please advise

Afternoon,

I see reference source and comparision source. And under
comparision source, I see Live schema. At that place, do I
have to enter the schema name which I have to compare. I am
not able to change the schema name there. Please advise

Under reference source, choose an open connection from the drop down
(connection) or, if the one you want is not listed, click the '...'
button, then click 'new'. This is the one you wish to compare against.
(in other words, this is the "good" one, what is different about the
"other" one).

Now, choose a schema as appropriate, an object type and finally, chose
your object name.

Click on the radio button "Live Schema" to enable the Comparison Source
drop doowns, etc. (Unless you want to compare with a text file of
course!)

Under comparison Source, do the same as above to connect to the
appropriate "other" database. Toad will fill in some of the details for
you when you connect - if an identical schema, object type and name
exists in the "other" database.

You may need to check "format before compare" but in my version of Toad
(10.5.1.3) it unfortunately formatted to a single line (I use Unix end
of libne characters).

HTH

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Now, click the compare button at the top.

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Thankyou. I was able to compare the table structures, I mean DDL for tables between two schemas. Is there anyway I can compare the data between the tables in two different schemas and sync them in Toad. Please suggest

Acutually, I have run the sql script to sync the data but is there any other way to that.

Thanks!

Yes, check out Toad for Data Analysts, included with Toad for Oracle, versions
9.7 and higher

If you don’t see it on your machine, you’ll need to run the Toad
installer again and be sure to enable the option for Toad for Data Analysts. You
won’t need a license key assuming your Toad for Oracle one is valid.

Compare Data
This may be the most interesting of the compare features. This technology allows
a SQL user to compare data between one set of tables to another set. The tables
can reside in any database on any server. The tables do not need to share common
table or column names. Of course it is easier to setup the compare if the names
are the same and if they share common primary keys.

The tool allows you to view table differences side by side at the row and/or
column level. You can choose to compare all the data or use a WHERE clause to
limit the data being processed. The technology is fairly robust but will consume
quite a bit of PC resources. I have successfully ran a two million to two
million row table compare in several minutes. As with all software programs, be
careful what you ask for!

Table data differences