Directly editing a cell from result set with a null value

I'm running a basic SELECT statement. In the result set, I can directly edit a column that has a value returned for it by clicking on it, then a gray popup appears next to it and if I click in this gray popup I can edit the value. However, if the column has a null value (represented by {null} being displayed as the value), when I click on it to edit that value nothing happens, I can't directly edit the value for that column. Because I can edit the values for other columns in the same result set I don't believe this is a permissions issue. Can anyone please let me know why I can't directly edit values where the existing value is null but I can directly edit other values with non null values? Thanks in advance.

Couple things come to mind...

• Make sure you are on the latest Edge version (2.1)
  • Try Right-click-> Edit Cell
  • Had you pressed the Pencil icon (makes grid editable, assuming you have update privs on the table) in the lower left of the data grid?

I am able to update Null valued cells in 2.1.

Thanks Gary for responding. I'm currently running 2.0.9. I can't figure out how to update it on my mac.

As far as right click->edit cell, that option is grayed out.

As far as clicking on the pencil in the bottom left hand corner I get a message that asks me to buy a license.

So, either this functionality isn't available in the version of Toad Edge I'm using or it is only available in the pay version. If 2.1 is available for free can you give me some instruction on how to update my Toad Edge version?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi, just download latest version from ToadWorld.
m.