Dual/Multiple Monitor support - MDI and SDI

For those who might not have seen the recent beta announcements, Toad for Oracle now supports the capability to work in both Multiple Document Interface (MDI) and Single Document Interface (SDI) modes, based on a user’s preference. This was implemented at the request of the top Idea Pond post that was voted up by a number of users and allows a user to arrange their windows across multiple monitors as needed in order to more efficiently work within Toad.

To give a detailed summary on the changes that are available, I’ve written up a blog post about this new feature. That blog post can be found here:

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/b/weblog/archive/2017/11/03/multiple-monitor-support-working-with-toad-for-oracle-in-both-mdi-and-sdi-modes

This feature took a bit of effort to implement, and we’d really like it to be rock-solid for the GA release, so we’d like to get as much feedback on it as possible. If you get the chance, please feel free to put this feature through some everyday testing and post your feedback on here. If you find something that doesn’t work, or have an idea on something that’d make this even better, we’d love to hear about it! As always, we want Toad to be the best product for what you, the users, need. So please feel free to let us know what you think!

Thanks in advance,

-John

Good Morning John,

Sorry, for being thick while the initial discussion went around on SDI and MDI modes; not until delivery did I try out SDI mode. I really like the change, which is another way of reclaiming the toolbar space at the top of the screen, just maximize the editor, schema browser, describe or whatever on another monitor.

This dates way back for how TOAD operates; as long as I recall. With only one copy of TOAD running, running a script in the editor, makes the editor modal and nothing else, but cancel, functions in TOAD until the script finishes. Is it possible to let other windows have focus and tack actions while a script runs?