Editor: Find Previous using SHIFT+F3 not working

The shortcut is defined correctly, but SHIFT+F3 does not seem to do anything.

Does it work for you on the second press? There is a little behavior that's somewhat odd where F3 finds the next occurrence and places caret at the end of the match; Shift+F3 finds the previous placing caret at the start. The first press of Shift+F3 will select the same match and just move the caret to the beginning.

Michael

On 01/08/2016 04:00 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

Editor: Find Previous using SHIFT+F3 not working

Thread created by Peter Lang
The shortcut is defined correctly, but SHIFT+F3 does not seem to do anything.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It was not working at all, but restarting TOAD resolved the issue.

Concerning the behavior you describe (I believe we already discussed this), would it be possible to ignore the caret position if text is selected, and take the end of the selection for forward search and the start of the selection for backward search instead?

Notepad++ also seems to do it that way.

I am not sure if that was the problem then, but it does not seem to work within Describe windows.

I'm unable to reproduce. Can you send me your user files (michael.staszewski@quest.com )? I described a package and searched for "PROCEDURE" and hit F3 a few times to advance the caret. Using Shift+F3 worked as expected. I tried with the Describe window in both modal and stay on top mode and with the option for each object to get its own window both enabled and disabled. In each case it was OK for me.

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/15/2016 05:32 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

RE: Editor: Find Previous using SHIFT+F3 not working

Reply by Peter Lang
I am not sure if that was the problem then, but it does not seem to work within Describe windows.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It seems to work again, don’t know if you fixed something…