Enable Save Passwords Without Re-Installing

Hi Forum,

Firstly I apologize if this question has already been asked. I’ve searched around the forum but couldn’t find a related question - if anyone knows a previous post that answers the question please do link it.

I’m using Toad 12.1 and the Save Passwords functionality was disabled at installation.

The problem is currently I’m unable to uninstall and re-install the software in order to enable password saving so I was wondering if there is a config somewhere that I can could change or if there’s any way at all in order be able save my passwords again without having to do a reinstallation.

Thanks,

As with anything in toad, start with options. So main menu -> view -> toad options. Now in the bottom left corner of the options window is a search box: enter password and press enter. There will be maybe 10 items found, scroll to the one enar end that says saved passwords. Click on that and the options screen will go right to the option and highlight it. Just check/uncheck the box.

Hi Bert,

That is exactly what I am unable to do.

As I mentioned, during toad installation, there is an option to disable the Save Password field - below is an extract from the installation guide documenting this.

As a result I cannot select the Save Password option in neither Toad options nor when I create new connections:

Therefore my original question - is there a way to enable this feature without having to re-install Toad?

The simple answer is no. This is a security feature which allows administrators to install Toad remotely and disable password saving. The only way to get
passwords enabled again is to reinstall without this option.

If you have the ability to uninstall/reinstall your user files are automatically backed up on uninstall so if that is your concern you can always get your user
files back.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:54 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Enable Save Passwords Without Re-Installing

RE: Enable Save Passwords Without Re-Installing

Reply by ld_pvl

Hi Bert,

That is exactly what I am unable to do.

As I mentioned, during toad installation, there is an option to disable the Save Password field - below is an extract from the installation guide documenting this.

As a result I cannot select the Save Password option in neither Toad options nor when I create new connections:

Therefore my original question - is there a way to enable this feature without having to re-install Toad?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks.