ER: Compare Data of multiple tables

In our developement environment we have issues in keeping our seed data in synch between our different databases - DEV/TEST/UAT. The Data Compare wizard is excellent at highlighting these discrepancies but it would be really useful if:

1. You could specify multiple tables
  2. You could save your comparison to do again at a later date
  3. You could automate the running of the comparison
  4. You could export to Excel the results of the comparison
  5. You could e-mail those results

If all of my selected tables were in a tree view I could alter the individual settings if I wanted to but also see the results of the compare in a unified view allowing me to quickly identify tables where they were not the same.

We could export the results in a format that TOAD would recognise, we could e-mail this (instead of Excel format) and open it in TOAD (the requirement here is for me to be able to run the report and share the results with colleagues).

Richard

These features are currently available in Toad for Data Analysts, which you have
access to for free assuming your support is current on your Toad Oracle license.
In addition, it can also build a Synch script.

Here’s a little video on how it works:

http://toadworld.com/KNOWLEDGE/ToadKnowledge/CoffeeBreakBytes/tabid/73/TID/281/cid/71/Default.aspx

– Daniel

One of the five users who upgraded to 10.1.0.7 sent me the following message:

“Going back to 9.7.2. Can’t keep up with To a d 10 keeps throwing Access
Violation errors in USER32.Dll every 15 minutes.”

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Hi George,

Can you get a toad.elf to send us?

Thanks

-John

Where is it located?

Help > Support Bundle will capture the most recent error message.

Start up Toad, go to Options -> General. There is an edit box for labeled
“Log File”. That edit box shows the folder where toad.elf is
located.

[ Attachment(s) from George.Meltser@aigfpc.com included below]

Got it:

I think John wanted the error log from v10, not 9.7?

We got it from v10

Jeff’s right, the file says 9.7 in it.

2.1 Date : Fri, 1 May 2009 09:17:38 -0400

2.2 Address : 0041D668

2.3 Module Name : toad.exe - (Toad for Oracle)

2.4 Module Version: 9.7.2.5

I wonder if your T9.7 and T10 are writing to the same location.

Which could explain the behavior…I wonder how your co-workers did the
install/upgrade? Then again, might have nothing to do with it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were; when I upgraded, my exception logging location was set to the 9.7 directory (after saying “yes” to copying the 9.7 options across). I’ve since manually set it to the v10 directory.

Sounds like there’s an issue when upgrading from 9.7 -> 10 whereby it’s not populating the right location in the options for the exception logging location.

Our office just bought Toad. I have been using it for basic PL/SQL script
writing and debugging similar to what I was doing in SQL Nav 3. I was wondering
if there is a good get started walkthrough guide to learn to use some of the
more advanced debugging and other developer tools that I now have available.

Thanks!

Go peruse www.ToadWorld.com , tons of free content there including a lot of
video tutorials.

There are also several books available, go check out Bert Scalzo’s new one
at Amazon. I’m working on a review now, but I can say w/o reservation
it’s worth the $.

Hi Eva,

There are a lot of good introduction videos found on Toadworld, including some
specifically for debugging.

http://www.toadworld.com/KNOWLEDGE/ToadKnowledge/CoffeeBreakBytes/tabid/73/TID/36
1/cid/71/Default.aspx

In addition, there are walkthrough tutorials in the Help file of several Toad
Features. Select Help | Contents and then click the Tutorials book on the left
hand side.

Also you can go through new features of the current release by from within Toad,
selecting Help | Toad Online | What’s New.

Hope this helps!

Gretchen Mueller

Technical Writer

Toad for Oracle

SQLNav3

Wow, I can see why you might be a bit overwhelmed!

Some tips

Thanks Gretchen and Jeff. I have now found tons of good sources and am getting
my Coffee Bytes already!

Not only, but also …

there are lots of helpful people on this list - as I suspect you are
about to find out. But only if you talk like a pirate of Fridays! :wink:

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk