Toad World® Forums

Exception during creating a relation


#1

Hi,

yesterday I added about 7 new entities and connections to the TDM scheme.
During that work I got some problems:

  1. A FK field that was created automatically during creating of the relation between two entities was created twice.
    It was not possible to delete them. I found a solution. I created additional field XYdummy. Marked the wrong one + XYdummy and delete both of the.
    It worked. I hade this problem at two tables.

  2. But there were still other problems with that relation. One my script that overrides identity in FKs (FKAttr.Identity_override = true;) returned an excetion.
    I found that the problem is with the relations that I have solved (see up the point 1.).

  3. Hm, I thought I delete the relation completelly and create it once again.
    I deleted it, but I’m not able to create any new one.
    The application causes an exception.
    Access violation at address 00D09AC6 in module ‘TDM.exe’. Read of address 00000000.

I tried to delete TDM.txe. But it didn’t help.
I found that there was created a new version of TDM. I installed it. But it didn’t help.

Please what can I do? I would like to work in the next days. Is there a possibility to export and import really everything to a new TDM file? Or any other suggestion?

I’m sending you Eureka Log per Mail.

With the best regards

Ladislav Nagy


#2

Hi Ladislav,

I will try to call you tomorrow. We can discuss it in Czech.

Regards,

Vaclav


#3

Hi Ladislav,

please send us your model and we will look into the matter after Christmas, as I promised.

Happy Holidays,

Vaclav & TDM Team


#4

Hi, I have just sent you per mail the damaged TDM file and the repaired TDM file (I manually deleted all objects that I had a problem with and created them once again). With the best regards Ladislav Nagy


#5

Hi,
I didn’t notice that I added a FK into PK. Such a field is marked as PFK.
It led to a situation that I hade two fields with the same name in a table.
I meant that this is an error of TDM (but it wasn’t) and I tried to delete one of these two fields. It was possible to do it via described selecting of more fields. This was a bug of TDM that led to some inconsistencies. The bug is going to be corrected.
Thank you for the support.
With the best regards
Ladislav Nagy


#6

Hi Lada,

Thanks for the summary. I’m just bringing the CR # of the bug (possibility to delete PK attribute in child entity during multiple attribute selection) - 57 641. It will be fixed for next release.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka