Subcase 774456-1 - is not generating correct FK Index

CREATE TABLE “HM”.“MGL_SPRACHEN_7B1710AFF6AB44E9A”(

“ID” Integer NOT NULL,

“MGLID_ID” Integer NOT NULL

)

**Is not looking healthy, isn’t it ?

Now I tried the same with BETA 3.5.3.1.
I’m not sure if this discussion is the correct one for that ( better use BETA discussion for that ? ).
Never the less here are my test results.

I tried the new BETA for generating my Alter script between …75.txp ( left ) and …HAMAT.txp ( right ).

Hello,

I’m not sure if I should answer your e-Mail at this location. If it will not be the correct place : my apologies in advance.

I’m a little bit mixed up, because it is the third error I have. Two with 3.4.15, one with 3.4.16. And I have to go on with the development. Sorry for that.

The case is the following on Data Modeler 3.4.15 :
I have a model …75.txp. And I reverse engenered that from oracle database, called …HAMAT.txp.

If you take a look at entity MGL_SPRACHEN you can see in …75.txp 4 ID-Fields.
If you take a look at the reverse engeneered database …HAMAT.txp you can also see MGL_SPRACHEN.
I generated alter script ( and you did ) with the following table creation for MGL_SPRACHEN :

****TABLESPACE “MGL”

Could you see the difference ? 2 of the fields ( the fields for MGL_SPR_LNDRSPR_FK ) are missing !

And in addition :
ALTER TABLE “HM”.“MGL_SPRACHEN” ADD CONSTRAINT “MGL_SPR_LNDRSPR_FK” FOREIGN KEY () REFERENCES “HM”.“LAENDERSPRACHEN” () ON DELETE CASCADE It generated the same garbage. The definition for the new MGL_SPRACHEN table is erreanous ( only 2 Fields, missing the fields from FK MGL_SPR_LNDRSPR_FK ).

And in addition the wrong ALTER TABLE “HM”.“MGL_SPRACHEN” ADD CONSTRAINT “MGL_SPR_LNDRSPR_FK” FOREIGN KEY () REFERENCES “HM”.“LAENDERSPRACHEN” () ON DELETE CASCADE**
**From the version 3.4.15 is missing in the alter script of the BETA completely. Would you like to receive the generated alter script ? Have to use which way for that ?

Best regards

Linus

Hello,

Yes, it is fine here. You can also write us to modeling@quest.com.

To the problem: I’m bringing good news. Our developers finally managed to simulate the problem. The problem occurs during migration of attributes during model merge/alter script.
It is our bug. We will fix it. CR # 69 470.

Thanks very much for your patience and fantastic co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hello Linus,

Just a quick update. Happy to let you know that the CR # 69 470 has been fixed for next TDM release.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team