Toad World® Forums

Export in Automation Setup

I’m getting the error below when I try to set up an export to an Excel file. It pops up when the part of the wizard shows the form to run macros. I changed the security in Excel without any luck. Any advice?

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.LoadVBAssemblies(Assembly& vbePIA, Version excelVersion)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.GetMacros(String fileName)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportWizard.wizardPageExecuteMacro_ShowFromNext(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Quest.Toad.Controls.Wizard.WizardPage.OnShowFromNext(Wizard wiz)
at Quest.Toad.Controls.Wizard.Wizard.Next()
at Quest.Toad.Controls.Wizard.Wizard.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

What version of Excel are you using? Was the issue reproducible when you use export wizard without automation?

Excel version is 2007 on WinXP
I’ve never made it through the wizard as the error pops up with the output I gave in the first post. Then the input form that is supposed to have a list of the macros shows up but there aren’t any macros populated in either PRE or POST areas.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the information. You probably don’t have Excel PIA installed on your system. Please try

1. Download it from
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18346
  2. Install it
  3. Reboot your system and try again.

Let me know if it resovles your issue.

Thanks!

That did it! Thanks.