"Find All" button in text search window appears to do exactly the same thing as "Find" button?

Working with large PL/SQL packages I regularly need to find all occurences of a string in the package. From the find window (Ctrl+F) I can see there is a “Find All” button, which it doesn’t do what I expected - that is, show a list of all the occurences of the search string within the scope, like the Find All feature in Notepad++, Visual Studio etc. Instead it just seems to highlight the first occurence of the string which is exactly the same as what the Find button does.

I’m on Toad 12.1 at the moment (our admins are looking at switching us to the latest version soon) but I found the same behaviour in Toad 11 so if it’s a bug which has since been fixed, it was there for a while. Any help with this one would be appreciated.

Find All is like Mark All in Notepad++. There is a subtle difference between Find and Find All. Find will only select the first occurrence, but similar to Notepad++ all other occurrences are automatically marked if the selected match is a whole word. Find All
will mark all matches even if not a whole word. So if your search string is not a whole word you'll see the difference. Other than that, it's the same. Find All in Notepad++ looks more useful. I've logged an issue to look at this enhancement request. It will
be a bit before I can revisit.

On 11/13/2014 11:16 AM, wwarby wrote:

"Find All" button in text search window appears to do exactly the same thing as "Find" button?

Thread created by wwarby
Working with large PL/SQL packages I regularly need to find all occurences of a string in the package. From the find window (Ctrl+F) I can see there is a "Find All" button, which it doesn't do what I expected - that is, show a list of all the occurences
of the search string within the scope, like the Find All feature in Notepad++, Visual Studio etc. Instead it just seems to highlight the first occurence of the string which is exactly the same as what the Find button does.

I'm on Toad 12.1 at the moment (our admins are looking at switching us to the latest version soon) but I found the same behaviour in Toad 11 so if it's a bug which has since been fixed, it was there for a while. Any help with this one would be appreciated.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.