Find searches older search or nil value

In beta the find functionality seems to not work correctly. Closing Find form via Close button vs Esc key behaves differently as it then either does not search anymore via F3 or searches 2 previous seach term. So the following:

Ctrl+F -> a -> Enter -> Close -> Ctrl+F -> b -> Enter -> Esc - now F3 searches 'a' instead of expected 'b'.

Previously the Find form Esc key does not revert to previous search nor clear the search term, as expected.

Hi Dolo,

Thanks. I can reproduce that and will fix it.

-John

Beta has now a related Find problem I try to describe:

Usual find workflow: select some substring or doubleclick a word -> Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+F -> Ctrl+V -> Enter (finds next) -> Esc (close search) and repeat, starting from different cursor positions.

Depending what is seleced and what is in clipboard and cursor position the find behaves not predictably as in half the time after Ctrl+F the existing search term is not selected and when doing the Ctrl+V it goes in front of the old search term (also managed to see that cursor was in the middle of old term), so search obviously then fails.

I think the pre filled search term should always be completely selected or empty but never just characters with active cursor in front of it that prevents easy paste. As currently Find usage needs very sharp attention on every click that is not ideal.

Ah, I see. So, in short, if you:

  1. Select some text in the editor that you have searched for recently (or this is the first search since editor opened)
  2. CTRL+F
  3. The text is placed in the edit box of the find dialog and selected (good)

But if you..

  1. Select some text in the editor that you have NOT searched for recently
  2. CTRL+F
  3. The text is placed in the edit box of the find dialog and NOT selected (bad)

I will fix. Thank you. Let me know if I missed anything.